Although I’m not a huge fan of mint, you can never have too many ice cream flavors. Healthy homemade ice cream is extremely easy to make and adjust. You really can’t screw up when your main base ingredients are bananas and coconut cream. You can use almond or other non-dairy milk, but the full fat coconut cream or coconut milk really gives it the ice-cream texture and helps it store better. Fun Fact: this recipe also doubles as a froyo recipe. Just swap the coconut milk and bananas for a plain dairy-free yogurt of your choice.
- 2/3 can coconut cream
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate (about 75g & dairy-free if possible)
- 2-3 tbsp cacao
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp raw honey or vegan sweetener
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- Small handful chopped dark chocolate chips (dairy-free if possible)
- Ice Cream Machine
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips, adjusting ratios to taste.
- Pour into ice-cream machine until desired texture.
- Add in chocolate chips or whatever you want. Serve or store in the freezer.