I love smoothies! I have one every morning to break the fast. They’re easily digested, since they’re already in liquid form, and you can sneak in any healthy supplements in without jeopardizing the taste. This is an easy “base” recipe that can be enjoyed on its own or with extra flavors like cacao, coconut, etc. My favorite is banana and papaya (instead of berries), but this one is delicious with 1-2 tbsp of shredded coconut.
Note: I left the greens out of this one as to not discourage anyone with the green specs/color.
- 1-1.5 banana
- ¼+ cup organic berries, to taste
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (sometimes I do half almond milk and half filtered water), adjust to desired texture
- small handful spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 tsp matcha
- ½ tbsp flaxseed
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional: protein powder, nutritional powders (maca, spiraling, camu camu, bee pollen, etc), raw egg, coconut milk-for a creamier texture and coconut flavor, cacao, coconut, etc.
- Put everything in your blender and adjust to desired taste and texture.