I used to love a nice big yogurt bowl for breakfast or frozen yogurt for dessert with lots of toppings. Luckily, I kicked my dairy habit years ago and now just enjoy simple, homemade versions. This is similar to a smoothie bowl, but with a little bit of added creaminess for a smoother, yogurt-like texture. Feel free to add different spice combination, cacao, coconut, or anything else to make whatever flavor you want. I just prefer the classic cinnamon banana combo 🙂
enter site Base:
- 3 bananas, fresh or frozen
- ½+ cup coconut, almond or other non-dairy milk*, more if needed
- ¼ cup sprouted nuts, coconut, or oats (I use pecans)
- 2 tbsp fresh dates or raisins, chopped
- 1-2 tsp organic Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg or allspice
- Toppings: fresh fruit, raw granola, cacao nibs, etc.
- Optional: cacao, vanilla bean powder, etc.
- Using full-fat coconut milk or cream gives it a creamier texture.
- Blend bananas, non-dairy milk, and spices, adjusting to desired taste and texture. Start with 2 bananas and go from there. I prefer and thick mixture and use 3, sometimes more!
- Pour half the mixture into a glass or mason jar, add half the toppings and repeat until everything is used.
- Make sure to taste test the banana mixture to desire taste and texture. I usually prefer a lot more spices and flavor than most people.