- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1 ½ cup mashed, ripe banana (about 1.5 bananas)
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free or grain-free flour*
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 heaped tsp matcha powder
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips*
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- I like to use Namaste perfect gluten-free flour blend, but you can use Bob Red Mills all-purpose gluten-free flour, or ¾ cup almond or oat flour and ¼ cup coconut flour for paleo/grain-free.
- If you don’t want to use dairy-free chocolate chips, you can add more cacao powder and a liquid sweetener of choice – I usually use maple syrup, but you can also use honey or coconut syrup. You can also add a little bit of almond butter or nut butter as a thickener if needed.
see this site Other Items:
- Mini muffin pan
- Mixing bowl or food processor
- Preheat the over to 350F/180C and line a mini muffin tray with muffin liners or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl or food processor, mix the coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add the egg and mashed banana. If you want smooth muffins, I recommend using a food processor, if you don’t mind banana chunks, mash the bananas and mix in by hand.
- Mix together or sift in all dry ingredients except the matcha powder if you want green swirls like I made. Otherwise, add in the matcha so the green color and matcha flavor is distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin cups. If you want matcha swirls, sprinkle a little matcha into each muffin cup and swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the centers come out clean with a toothpick and the tops are just golden.
- While they bake, you can make the chocolate frosting by melting the coconut oil and dairy-free chocolate chips together (if using). Then stir in the cacao. If you aren’t using chocolate chips, you can just mix together all other ingredients (in the notes section above).
- Remove the muffins and remove them from the tray. Let cool a little before adding the chocolate drizzle unless you want warm/hot, gooey chocolate banana matcha muffins 🙂
- If using a flax egg, make sure to let the flax and water set for about 5 minutes before mixing it in.