I used to love frozen yogurt before I made the stupid decision to one day ask to see the ingredients list. I was heartbroken to discover this “healthy” dessert/treat was full of chemicals, food coloring, and all kinds of artificial sweeteners and flavors known to cause neurological disorders, depression and addiction (seriously!). Ever brand will have different ingredients, but you can never be too safe and make it yourself. After all, it only takes 5 minutes, you can make ANY flavor you want and you know exactly what’s in it. I made these berry froyo pops after coming home sun burnt from the beach. Froyo really does cure everything <3
- 1 cup organic full fat vanilla yogurt or dairy-free yogurt*
- ¾ cup mixed berries*
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2+ tbsp cup cashew, almond or other dairy-free milk
- You can also try this recipe with a high protein Greek yogurt, but they might be harder or more solid. I find the full-fat yogurt is creamier and has a softer texture when cutting (and eating).
- Swap berries for other fruit to make different flavors – pineapple, mango, peach, etc. or add cacao for a chocolate, berry pop!
- Blender or food processor
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- 8 wooden popsicle sticks
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender. You may need more almond milk to make sure it mixes.
- Pour mixture evenly into lined pan and evenly distribute the 8 popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for at least 45 minutes or until set and remove from the freezer.
- Remove the froyo block inside the parchment paper and cut between the 8 sticks to form 8 equally sized popsicles.
- Enjoy or store in the freezer.