- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- ¼ tsp pink or Celtic seal salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil (you can get it here – https://healthworks.com?rfsn=490168.1cedb3
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 organic egg or flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼+ cup chopped dried cherries or dates
- ¼+ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips or cacao butter/white chocolate chips
- Optional: chopped nuts
see url Other Items:
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- 2 mixing bowls
follow site Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and lightly grease with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients from the almond flour down to the salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil and coconut sugar until combined. *
- Mix in the egg/flax egg and vanilla.*
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the cherries, chocolate, and any other add-ins.
- Drop the dough onto the tray using a spoon and shape to form about 12 small 1-inch cookies. (It may be easier for some to simply roll them by hand).
- Place them on the lined/greased baking tray and lightly press the top of each so they’re flattened about halfway. Top with extra cherries or chocolate.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until the tops are just golden and no longer look wet. Remove and let cool for until set.
- I almost never use a mixer. Just use a fork and some sweet muscle power.
- If using a flax egg, make sure to let the flax and water set for about 5 minutes before mixing it in.