For the cookies:
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup peanut, almond, or sunflower seed butter*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or bean paste for paleo
- 1 egg or flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 cup almond, oat, or gf flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp pink salt
For the filling:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup melted dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup, raw honey, or coconut nectar
- I love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate, but sub almond butter or sunflower seed butter for a more neutral flavor.
- Have some fun with these and create a coconut filling, cacao butter/white chocolate filling, or add in some spices to the cookie base!
buy modafinil online reddit Other Items:
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper or coconut oil
- Small bowl for the filling
- Preheat over to 350F/180C and line your baking tray with parchment paper or coconut oil.
- In your mixing bowl, mix the coconut oil and coconut sugar until combined.
- Mix in the egg, nut butter and vanilla.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients and mix well until all combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on the baking tray and press into the center of each cookie making a small crater.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until a light golden brown color while preparing the filling mixture.
- For the regular chocolate filling, simply melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips in a small glass bowl, pan, or however. For the paleo version, just mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes on a cookie rack (if you have one) before filling each with the chocolate mixture.
- Let set for a few more minutes, or enjoy while they’re warm and gooey!
- I almost never use a mixer. Just use a fork and some sweet muscle power.
- If using a flax egg, make sure to let the flax and water set for about 5 minutes before mixing it in.