You can never have too many cookie recipes. Especially ones that can easily be manipulated. I rarely do double chocolate anything, but it had to be done..
You can substitute the eggs to make these vegan, sub the almond butter for sunflower seed or tahini for a nut-free version, or even make these paleo my subbing out the GF flour for almond and tapioca flour. Don’t even get me started on add-in’s. The possibilities are endless 🙂
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened (not liquid)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or granulated sweetener of choice)*
- ½ cup almond or cashew butter
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose GF flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- ½+ cup of any add-ins: chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
- I personally have not had issues using organic cane or organic brown sugar recently
- Large bowl
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C
- Mix the first 3 ingredients
- Once combined, add the next 3 until just combined
- Add in all dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold in any add-ins.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes
- Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes (or don’t)