This is an extremely easy grain-free cookie recipe that can easily be adjusted to be nut-free and vegan as well. These come out soft and gooey when baked just long enough. Feel free to put in whatever additional ingredients you want or remove any you don’t want. I’m sure these would be delicious without chocolate or cacao as well. Now go forth and get baked!
- 2 flax eggs (2tbsp ground flax, 6 tbsp water) or 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter (or peanut butter or other nut butter)
- ½ cup coconut butter, warmed (can use more nut butter)
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey or vegan sweetener, to taste
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (dairy-free if possible)
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 350 and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax eggs and let set while combining all other ingredients in a bowl, saving the coconut, chocolate chips, and pecans for last.
- Add the flax eggs, followed by the add-ins and mix well, adjusting all ingredients to taste.
- Drop spoonful’s of batter (about 1 inch) on parchment paper (flattened out slightly, if desired).
- Bake 10 minutes, remove and let cool until hard-don’t over bake!..or do, they might taste better 😉