This is my absolute favorite cookie recipe! They are the perfect soft cookie texture and are so versatile. I also love that there’s very little “sugar” in them. The rich almond butter makes them a great energy snack full of protein and healthy fat to keep you going throughout the day or while hiking. I have yet to find someone that doesn’t love this cookie recipe.
PS: These are also Beagle-Approved.
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup raw honey (or coconut nectar/maple syrup for vegans)
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter (sunflower seed butter for nut-free)
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond meal (or oat flour for nut-free)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp organic Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- ¼ tsp pink or sea salt
- Optional: dairy-free chocolate chips, nuts, etc.
- Large bowl
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper or coconut oil
click over here Directions:
- Preheat the over to 350F/180C.
- Line a cookie/baking tray with parchment paper or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and coconut sugar, then add the honey almond butter, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and add them to the wet mixture. Alternatively, you could just sift them directly in.
- Mix well, then stir in chocolate chips or nuts if using.
- Using your hands or using a spoon, roll or drop the dough onto the lined baking try making them however large or small you want. This recipe usually makes 8 or 9 large cookies for me.
- Bake for about 8-9 minutes depending on the size of the cookies or until they no longer appear “wet”. They will continue to cook a little bit once out of the oven.
- Let cool before devouring 🙂