Nothing’s better than a quick and easy classic recipe that everyone loves. Unlike traditional quiche recipes, this one does not use dairy or a heavy pastry crust, but doesn’t miss out on any of the flavor. Use whatever fresh ingredients/produce you have available. I always love onion, mushroom, spinach and fresh herbs in quiche!
buy modafinil canada online Ingredients:
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded-enough to line the bottom and sides of a quiche pan
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thinly
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 handfuls organic spinach or other leafy greens
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Handful of fresh cilantro/parsley
- ¼ cup vegetable broth (for sautéing the veggies)
- 5-6 large organic eggs
- ¼-½ cup organic egg whites (may need more depending on your pan)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: almond/non-dairy milk for the egg mixture, 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast or grated vegan cheese (or more if you’d like)
- Add any other organic veggies of choice or whatever you have on hand.
http://parliamentpointe.com/?taxonomy=nav_menu Other Items:
- Food processor with shredder (for the sweet potato)
- Quiche pan or glass/ceramic pan with slanted sides
- Large sauté/fry pan (for veggies)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and lightly coat a ceramic baking/quiche pan with coconut oil.
- Wash and shred the sweet potato and use it to line your dish/pan (this is the crust).
- Bake for about 20 minutes while preparing the filling.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions on the stove top on low-medium/medium heat in coconut oil for about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and all veggies except the spinach/greens, if using and a little bit of veggie broth at a time to help them cook. Cook a few minutes before adding the herbs and spinach/greens so they do not overcook and wilt too much. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the eggs mixture by whisking eggs, egg whites, and a splash of almond or non-dairy milk if you’d like.
- Add the egg mixture to the veggies and nutritional yeast/non-dairy cheese, if using.
- Pour everything into sweet potato crust and bake about 40-50 minutes until no liquid is visible on top.
- Let cool, cut, and top with fresh avocado, tomatoes or organic ketchup 🙂
- You may need more eggs or egg whites depending on the size of your pan. Sometimes I have to just pour egg whites over the top after pouring the mixture into the crust.