I LOVE the classic blueberry lemon combo. Sometimes the lemon flavor alone is too much, but its perfect when paired with blueberries and the sweet frozen bananas. This is such an easy pie to make (if you want to call it a pie..)
- 1 ½ cup nuts (I use a mix of almonds and walnuts)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 1/3 cup yogurt (dairy or non-dairy) or coconut cream*
- ¾ cup blueberries (I use organic, frozen berries)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 frozen banana (or more if you prefer it sweeter)
- Due to my sensitivity to coconut cream like I used to use, I use a plain or vanilla organic yogurt. The higher the fat, the creamier it stays (ie: not Greek yogurt, which makes it freeze solid.
- Mini pie pan (6″)
- Parchment paper
- Food processor or ninja
- Use a food processor or ninja and process the nuts for the crust until ground.
- Add in remaining crust ingredients and pulse until combined, adjusting to taste or desired sweetness.
- Press the crust mixture into a lightly lined mini pie pan (I use coconut oil or parchment paper).
- Add all of the filling ingredients to the processor until well combined, adjusting ingredients to taste (I personally like mine a little more tart and always add extra lemon juice). Make sure to use just the cream part of the coconut cream, if using.*
- Pour the filling mixture into the crust and set in the freezer to set. It might take a couple of hours, but you can cut it after about 1-2 hours and it will have a more creamy consistency.
- If using coconut cream, make sure to use a can that has been in the fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours (so plan ahead). Use just the top part of the can – the thick cream.