Sugar has to be one of the hardest addictions for people to break free from. Conventional candy bars have paragraph-long lists of ingredients, with many of them being artificial. Artificial ingredients affect everyone differently, but at the end of the day, they’re not good for anyone and cause more damage than pure cane sugar.
My mom used to LOVE coconut bounty and almond joy bars, so I made these for her and she said she loves these 10x more because they taste like (and are made from) REAL coconut. They’re extremely easy to make, even when making your own chocolate coating.
- 2 cups raw, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2-3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Pinch of pink salt
- Optional: alternatively, you could just melt some regular or dairy-free chocolate chips
- Food processor or ninja
- Tray lined with parchment paper or cookie rack
- Use a food processor or ninja and process the filling until creamy and holds together when formed into a ball or disk.
- Set individual filling disks on the tray and set in the freezer while making the chocolate coating.
- Mix together all the chocolate ingredients, adjusting to taste (or melt the chocolate chips in a little coconut oil if using this method).
- Dip each individual coconut bite into the chocolate and return to the tray or cookie rack to set in the freezer.