Here’s another one of my unique, raw treats that I make multiple times a week. My sister did a post on WeNeedSpace about combining foods and how mixing fruits and nuts wasn’t always an ideal combination for digestion. After that, I started trying to come up with other raw recipes and so it actually hasn’t been as hard as I expected. These are delicious and so simple and only require a couple ingredients. You don’t need a lot to make whole-food ingredients taste more delicious than they already are 🙂
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup dates
- 1 tbsp raw cacao*
- 1 heaped tbsp cacao nibs or dairy-free chocolate chips*
- Pinch of pink or Celtic sea salt
- Optional: coconut oil, vanilla, flax, chia, etc.
- Feel free to omit the cacao and cacao nibs and add in other spices like cinnamon/nutmeg, peppermint, lemon, etc.
source site Other Items:
- Food processor or blender/ninja
- Add coconut and dates to your processor or blender until well blended, adjusting to desired texture-the mixture should hold together when pressed with your hands.
- Add in all other ingredients until combined, adjusting to taste.
- Form into balls or clusters and enjoy or store in the refrigerator.