go here Ingredients:
click here Base:
- 3 cups macadamia nuts or pecans*
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5-6 large dates*
- ¼+ cup liquid sweeter – I use coconut nectar or raw honey*
go to link Notes:
- You can use oats for a nut-free version or any other type of nut.
- You can use more dates instead of the liquid sweetener if you prefer.
- ½ cup cashews, soaked*
- ½ cup coconut butter or ¾ cup shredded coconut*
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- ½ cup key lime juice
- ¼ to ½ liquid sweeter – I use coconut nectar or raw honey
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- Optional: pinch of spirulina or moringa powder for color
where can i buy desyrel Notes:
- You can use more coconut cream or coconut instead of cashews to make it nut-free.
Whipped Coconut Cream (Optional):
- 1 small can coconut cream*
- Must be cold- set in the fridge overnight or at least 2-3 hours.
- Food processor
- Pie pan
- Parchment paper
- Line pie pan with parchment paper.
- Add pecans and coconut to the food processor until roughly chopped.
- Add dates and process until well combined before adding the coconut oil and nectar.
- Press into the bottom of your pan, keeping it about ½ in./1cm thick and freeze while making the filling.
- Add the cashews and coconut butter to the food processor and blend until well combined or until it sticks to the sides.
- Add in the coconut milk/cream and key lime juice and process until well combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients, adjusting to taste*.
- Remove pie crust from freezer and pour filling into the crust evenly.
- Return to freezer to set – about 1 hour or more.
- Once set, enjoy on its own or top with optional coconut whipped cream before serving.
Whipped Coconut Cream:
- In a small bowl, empty the can of coconut cream and whip with a mixer on low until fluffy.
- If you don’t like a strong citrus flavor, add a little more non-dairy milk and/or coconut butter/cashews or coconut nectar to make it less tart or more sweet, whichever you prefer.