You can’t make cookies without trying the dough before you bake them. And sometimes the raw dough tastes better than the final cookie product, but a lot of people are concerned with the risk of salmonella because of raw eggs. I know I’m willing to risk it, but for those that aren’t, I made this super easy raw chocolate chip cookie dough bar with all natural ingredients. They make the perfect on-the-go snack and really do taste like cookie dough! Feel free to adjust or add in other ingredients 🙂
- 1 ½ cups of cashews (sunflower seeds for nut-free)
- 1 cup packed dates*
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ – ½ tsp pink salt
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips*
- Use a liquid sweetener instead of dates for fruit-free (honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, etc.)
- Use a tbsp or two of cacao powder instead of chocolate chips for a sugar-free version.
- Food processor or ninja
- Bread pan
- Parchment paper
- Line a regular-sized bread pan with parchment paper.
- Process the nuts or seeds in the food processor until well chopped, but not into a flour or powder.
- Add in the dates and process again until the mixture sticks together.
- Add the vanilla and pink salt and process again adjusting to taste.
- Lightly pulse in the chocolate chips or cacao*
- Press the mixture into the lined pan and freeze until set, about 15 minutes*
- Remove from the freezer, cut to desired size and enjoy or store.
- If you process the chips for too long or they will be completely blended into the mixture and they will be more of a raw chocolate bar instead of chocolate chip bar, but this might be preferred. They’re delicious either way!
- You can also roll these into balls for convenience or to store/serve immediately.