You could feed me anything as long as it had a good sauce or dressing on it. These veggie filled rice paper rolls are so easy to make and full of nutrients, but it’s the sauce that turns them into a flavorful South-East Asian-inspired dish, instead of a bunch of plain veggie sticks. My Taiwanese Aunt taught me the secret to rolling rice paper wraps and it’s easier than you think. There are so many ways to adapt them and spice them up, not to mention they are a great use of leftover veggies. Feel free to add in any protein of choice or adapt the sauce to suit your desired taste preference. They’re also delicious in lettuce cups!
- 10 rice paper wraps or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or cooked rice noodles
- 2 carrots, cut into long strips
- ½ large red beet, cut into strips
- ½ avocado, cut into strips
- 1 pepper, cut into strips
- 2 large celery stalks, cut into strips
- ½ large cucumber, cut into strips
- Handful of fresh, organic cilantro or parsley
- Optional: other veggies or protein of choice (Asian tempeh, chicken, etc.)
Seroquel 300mg Spicy Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp aminos, tamari, or other gf soy sauce substitute
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 small limes, juiced (or 4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar or other neutral liquid sweetener
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tbsp filtered water, as needed
- ½ tsp fresh or ground ginger
- ½ tsp fresh or ground garlic
- ¼ – ½ tsp red pepper flakes, adjusting to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
source link Other Items:
- Small mason jar
- Wok or large bowl for warm water for the rice paper wraps
buy plavix brand Rice Paper Rolls:
- Have all the veggies out and ready. Once you wet the rice paper to wrap, you have to work a little bit quickly so they don’t get too soggy and rip.
- Fill the wok or bowl with warm-hot water.
- Put the rice paper wrapper in the warm-hot water so it is completely submerged and move it lightly back and forth for about 10 seconds or until it starts to soften.
- Lay it on a flat surface (cutting board or plate) and lay the veggies in it, but make sure not to over fill it- about 1 of each veggie stick.
- Top with a little cilantro and fold one side over (I usually start with the side closest to you and fold it forward).
- Then fold each of the two sides over and roll forward, like a burrito.
- Continue to do the same for the other wrappers.
Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce:
- In a small jar, combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Adjust ingredients to desired taste and consistency. I sometimes like less garlic or pepper, or more lime and water to thin out and flavor.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately and stir before serving.
- If using romaine leaves, just fill with veggies.