Here’s a list of some of my favorite books and sites to keep you on track, better understand your body and help you develop a diet and lifestyle that works best for YOU. It can be hard for people to commit to it when they don’t fully understand the reasons behind what they’re doing.
follow Recommended books:
- source url Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, M.D. This is the book that made decide to give up the G word for good. Not only does Perlmutter fully discuss the effects of gluten, he covers other related issues with our health care and common mistakes.
- follow url Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora T. Gedgaudas This is one of my favorites. Gedgaudas discusses the lives of our primal ancestors and many of the ever-growing health diagnoses in today’s society. She discusses the benefits of cutting out certain foods and how to properly supplement any nutrient deficiencies..and her name’s Nora so you already know she’s worth the read.
- Brain Maker by David Perlmutter, M.D. Another one by Perlmutter explaining the connection between your gut health and brain/overall well-being most western “doctors” never mention!
- suhagra buy online flipkart Top 11 Most Common Nutrition Mistakes by Kris Gunnars A quick and easy, but essential read that sums up the mistakes the everyday person makes (avoiding fat, not getting adequate protein, avoiding sugar from fruits, etc.)
- Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin, M.D. This book helped me understand the true power of the mind and how it can help overcome ANY health problem (all backed by scientific research and legitimate case studies). It’s time to stop rationalizing and making excuses for ourselves and thinking our destiny is determined by genetics, IT’S NOT! We’re all just as capable and have as much potential as the next person.
Recommended sites to follow:
- Mercola at www.mercola.com Joseph Mercola shares a variety of health posts throughout the day and has a huge database of well-documented articles from holistic medical and nutritional advice, to common toxic and processed chemicals we’re exposed to everyday and research updates.
- Collective Evolution at http://www.collective-evolution.com Great overall source for alternative health and news updates with well-documented sources.
- WeNeedSpace at weneedspace.org A collection of travel, self improvement, recipes, and much more! This is a great site to help get your life on a different track and think outside the box.
I also highly recommend downloading the Pocket App. It allows you to save online pages, articles, etc. so you can read them offline. They’re all stored in your app, which is accessible from your computer, phone, or device of choice. I love to save any and all health-related or interesting articles and read them anytime I’m left waiting around or without Internet (sadly this still happens in 2016).