I try to make my recipes suitable for everyday consumption..but these were too good to not share! They’re a bit more rich compared to my other desserts, but they’re still allergy-friendly and extremely easy, without your usual butter, processed flour, refined sugar, etc. I always try to opt for dairy-free or at least minimally processed dark chocolate when making these. Feel free to put in any other ingredients besides coconut. I also love walnuts and goji berries or banana in my brownies, but do whatever works for you!
- 5-6 tbsp coconut oil (infused or not ;-), just watch the portions or use an oil blend!)
- 1 large (8oz) bar dark chocolate (dairy-free if possible)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 3 eggs or 3 flax eggs (1 flax egg is 1 tbsp flax in 3 tbsp water)
- ¼ tsp pink or Celtic sea salt
- Optional: extra coconut and sea/pink salt for topping, nuts, goji berries, bananas or any additional ingredients of your choice
- Large bowl
- 8×8 or equivalent sized baking pan/tray
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat over to 350F/180C and line your pan with coconut oil and parchment paper (I only use parchment on the bottom of the pan).
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together over low heat and remove to let cool.
- Mix in coconut sugar, coconut, tapioca, cacao and salt until combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour evenly into pan and bake about 20-25 minutes, just until the top is no longer wet, this way they’re nice and gooey 🙂