I love juicing and experimenting with all types of vegetable and fruit juice combinations, but never did it as much as I had wanted to out of fear of wasting the pulp. Now I pretty much make juice just to make this recipe. Its the perfect way to get the most of your product and it’s surprisingly sweet and flavorful to have with a meal, as a snack or even as dessert. Experiment with your veggies and go forth and get baked!
- 1 ½ cup juice pulp (mine are mostly veggie/apple, but feel free to add in some fruit pulp too. Orange and carrot is pretty good!)
- ½ cup coconut oil (or ¼ coconut oil, ¼ cup apple sauce)
- ½ cup honey or vegan sweetener of choice
- 2 eggs or flax eggs (1 tbsp ground flax in 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup all purpose gf flour *
- ¾ cup oat flour*
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon or other herbs to compliment the pulp blend
- pinch of pink salt
- Optional: ½ cup chopped walnuts, other sprouted nuts, raisins, coconut, etc.
- For grain-free/paleo, substitute coconut flour for the gf flour and almond flour for the oat flour.
- Large bowl
- Parchment paper
- Loaf Pan
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C and line the baking tray with coconut oil and parchment paper.
- Combine first 5 wet ingredients
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients before mixing into the wet.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes or until edges start to brown. You can test the center with a toothpick, but I like mine a little moist in the center. Let cool before cutting.