Be forewarned, these are extremely addicting but if you’re going to have a late night snack or 5, let them be these! They’re so easy to make with any type of plain or chocolate cereal and are simply mixed up in a bowl so you can make them anytime, anywhere.
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil, softened or melted
- ¼+ cup peanut butter
- ¼+ cup raw honey or vegan sweetener
- 2+ tbsp maple syrup
- 3+ tbsp cacao powder
- About 2 cups chocolate or plain cereal-I usually use Nature’s Path GF Koala Crisp*
- Pinch of pink salt
- If the mixture is too “runny” or doesn’t seem to hold well, add a little more cacao or crushed up cereal to help it bind.
- Taste test it before freezing. I find the ratios vary depending on the brand of ingredients I use-sometimes I need more honey or peanut butter.
- I also use GF XO Chocolate Crunch if I’m in Australia, but these are amazing if you use another type of GF cereal. If it’s flavored, you can omit the cacao and add cinnamon or any other spice/flavor.
- Large bowl
- Square/rectangular pan or container
- Parchment Paper
- Line a container with parchment paper
- Mix everything together except the cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cereal until sticky and completely coated adjusting all ingredients to taste and texture.
- Press into lined container and freeze until set/hard. Cut into squares and serve cold.
- Don’t leave out too long or they may melt depending on your ingredients or temperature.